Schlagwort-Archive: gwt


da ich mir vor ein paar jahren ( 2008 / 2009 ) das google-web-toolkit
( gwt ) angeschaut und für gut befunden habe, taucht es hier in diesem kontext ebenso auf. der anfang war zäh, kompilieren auf kommanoZeile, die unterstützung für eclipse nur rudimentär. mittlerweile sind wir bei v.2.6.1 angelangt und eclipse ist bei 4.3 und heißt kepler, doch das ist ein anderes thema.

da ich unter linux und windows entwickel ( ja auch windows ist in der nutzung – schande hin oder her ) und gwt unmengen an temporären dateien erzeugt und mir die platte vollrotzt. warum windows das nach über 20 jahren immer noch nicht kann, ist mir ein rätsel.

ziel soll es sein, das die im eclipse ( aus java dateien erzeugten javascript-dateien ) generierten dateien und verzeichnisse unter windows gelöscht werden. in der praxis hat sich gezeigt, das bei jeder kompilierung ein paar dutzend megabyte anfallen, die sich im laufe einer session dann gern mal zu ein paar gigabytes summieren.

script1: startet eclipse und script 2 im hintergrund


script2:  startet alle 10 minuten script 3 im hintergrund


script3: listet in drei verzeichnissen die dateien und löscht diese


da man sicher einiges noch schicker machen kann, kann es passieren, dass die scripte aktualisiert werden. so ganz rund wie gedacht, laufen sie leider noch nicht, auch wenn der reinemache-dienst nun tut.


as i have the rootServer, i can try and play niceley with my own coded stuff in java, running on tomcat. as the default-webserver just having the php stuff on it, i was looking for my own machine ( or at least for the chance to deploy my stuff ) since a long time.

with no big experience in the hosting field, iam not sure to put the tomcat naked onto the web, so i decide to hide the service behind a proxy/router. after i looked into the given examples, apache could be used therefore. thats to easy, i thought and i remembered some lighthttpd from my school, that one professor took for his page.

configuring the ports and the reverse-proxy was done quite quick, but having more then one subdomain means more then a single config-file. another thing is, that i want to play with load-balancing, so the config was done in three parts.  as example, the workflow of a domain like

part 1: to localhost:80. the gateway with round-robbin load-balancing on a virtual host (server-0) in berlin and redirect to the server-1 in jena.

part 2:

redirect from port 80 on server-0 to server-1 port 80, where another lighty was running.

part 3:

redirect from port 80 to port 8080, where tomcat was running and targeting the servlet-path like http://server1:8080/reporteer/

caching on each layer for different filesizes and different file-types was done that way. as the commong filesize on the http level is mostly below 64 kilobyte ( to measure ) i passed files from the servlet between 64kb and 1mb as java-cache, smaller files on the lighty-instances, separated for images and js/css.  so, some css and some javascript ( lets say up to 8 ) per request was reasonable. a unbounded amount of images where handled by the servlet, beside tiny pictures, like thumbnails and icons.

so i felt a bit save for my tomcat, that exploits or my shity code wont run into a desaster for external incomming requests on port 80.  „the evil hacker“, who wanted to get inside the machine would have to overcome the multiple redirect-layers on the plain/vanilla web-server, to catch the tomcat. beside the fact, that i didnt used any php/cgi nor sql-engine, the chance to fail to quick was not my point anymore.

but the main aspect is, that i can run active code now on the machine. before that, i just made passive / xml based stuff with gwt to run on the vhost i had. now remote-procedure-calls ( rpc ) are possible, beside general httpRequest.